Welcome to Mount Gnomon Farm, we’re a small but dynamic team consisting of an award winning gardener, a French chef, an artist, an international circus performer, a butcher, an agricultural scientist and a host of casual staff from abroad and locally. Collectively we make a great combination and have a family like culture. We have a passion for the farm and business and want to achieve great things for the region and generate amazing experiences.
We’re currently seeking a dynamic individual to join us as an event and hospitality manager. It’s an exciting opportunity to join our team as we launch our amazing new barn event space and start a new chapter at the farm. We’re seeking to employ an individual who will work with our team to achieve something special for the region, grow the business and to coordinate amazing events. There is further information about position objectives and responsibilities below.
If you can work independently and be a leader of a team we would love to hear from you. You can apply now by submitting your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role by emailing to email@example.com Applicants are required to address the selection criteria below. Please include at least 2 referees in your CV. Applications close 5:00 pm 27th of September.
Event and Hospitality Manager
- To organise and execute the daily operations of the Mount Gnomon Farm Hospitality and Function business as part of the larger Mount Gnomon Farm team.
- To oversee and coordinate the event and hospitality related activities of Mount Gnomon Farm efficiently and successfully and contribute to the ongoing development and long term success of this award winning Agri-tourism business.
- Organise and oversee daily operations of Mount Gnomon events and hospitality business
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Develop policies and procedures for new events and hospitality onsite business
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Oversee hiring personnel (musicians, waiters etc.)
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Handle customer complaints when necessary
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare report
- Proven experience in hospitality
- Proven experience as event manager
- Hands-on experience in customer service or sales
- Solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in your finance system
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organisational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- Business Qualification/Experience in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred